This T-Shirt Memory Quilt is an amazing way to capture so many memories in one place! Many of us spend the majority of our time trying to make our children’s lives full and we do this by getting them involved in activities. There are athletics, cheer, band, technology, debate, rodeo and so many other extra curricular activities that our kids truly enjoy. And when they are ready for the adventure after high school, we are left with all those t-shirts! Capture them! Have a one-of-a-kind quilt made.
T-Shirt Memory Quilt
- Handmade item
- Primary color: Green Secondary color: Blue
- Occasion: Graduation
- Length: 80 Inches Width: 72 Inches
- Materials: cotton fabric, thread, cotton batting
Step by step guide for T-Shirt Memory Quilt Cherished Cabin Quilts.
– Get your prize memories (t-shirts) together. If there are really special ones that absolutely must be in the quilt, pin a note to it for me. But, you can see from this design, I am going to try to get every shirt in there, one way or another.
– Now that you know what shirts are going to be in the quilt, it is time to shop for your perfect fabric. I suggest a good quality cotton quilting fabric and if you like it soft, flannel for the back. You can shop online or visit your local fabric stores. I ask that you buy and send me the fabric so that you will love the finished product because you hand picked all of the materials. I don’t always know the exact shade of red or green that your school colors are. This way, you get exactly the right product for your quilt.
***** We will need 3 1/2 yards for the front and the binding and 5 yards for the back (preferably all one piece) *****
– Click on the custom order tab and place your order with me, be sure to ask any questions. I require $150.00 prepayment when placing your order. I invest a lot of time cutting and squaring your blocks and much more time doing the math and piecing your quilt together. This also pays for the 100% cotton batting I use in your quilt.
Shipping TIPS TO SAVE YOU MONEY
Don’t pay for all that extra weight. Cut off the sleeves (unless there is a logo on the sleeve we can use), the backs that you don’t want to use, and the collar. But remember, I will still need to cut and square the blocks, so cut near the seams (sides). It is also cheaper to ship in envelopes instead of boxes. Just find a big envelope and stuff it all in. I will be ironing your blocks when squaring them, so don’t worry about sending them all nice and neat.
– Once your package arrives, I will need two (2) weeks to complete your order. We don’t want to rush the work, quality takes time. But, don’t worry. I will be communicating with you all along the journey to your special quilt. I don’t sew anything together until you have seen pictures and approved everything. Please check out my other custom order feedback, I will let you help with the process as much as I can!
– When I am done, I will send you a message with photos. This is when you will go back online and make your final payment. Once payment is made, I will ship it to your preferred address as soon as possible! I always priority ship your custom item back to you free of charge if you are in the USA!