Turquoise Patina Copper Earrings are Full of fun and funky boho vibes! Perfect for the woman who has more than a bit of free-spirited gypsy or hippie in her. The one of a kind earrings, which have a definite aged look, feature artisan turquoise patinated copper half moons, coins, and spirals dangles along with glowing Czech glass rondelles. The rustic dangles created using two shapes. The larger is a half moon , the rounded side at the top and the flat side at the bottom. Three holes were drilled into the bottom of the half moon and coin shaped dangles were attached using copper jump rings. To create the gorgeous turquoise color, Jax green patina liquid was applied to react with the metal. The liquid reacts differently each time used and on each piece, as you can see in the photos: a patina ranging in color from a pale turquoise through amber to a darker green. Because the coins overlap each other, a slight whimsical tinkling sound is made when the earrings move. The backside of the dangles is mostly glowing copper but there is also some patina – see photo # 8. A lovely double copper spiral was carefully formed with copper wire and attached to the top of the half moon.
Turquoise Patina Copper Earrings
- Turquoise patinated copper dangles: app. 28 mm (1.1”) x 22 mm (0.9”) x 1.5 mm; artisan handmade by Kathleen Hamilton
- Aqua opal Czech glass rondelles: app. 7 mm x 6 mm; Picasso finish
- Metal: copper and sterling silver
- Earwires: sterling silver French hooks with copper bead accents
- Length: app. 2.5” / 6.4 cm measured from the top curve of the earwires